Dependable Health Services, Inc. is looking for a successful Orthopedic Technician. This care provider will assist physicians and nurses with patient care including properly fitting and applying pre-operative braces, crutches, and other soft goods; assisting in preparation for and application of casts and orthopedic appliances; changing dressings; removing sutures, casts, and splint; providing wound care, aspirations, minor surgical procedures, fracture reductions, etc.; and instructing patients in cast and traction care and the use of orthopedic appliances.
This position will also perform general clinic functions including preparing patients, instruments, supplies, and equipment for specialized procedures in the OR and specialty clinics; assisting specialty surgeons during surgical and diagnostic procedures; assembling, operating, and maintaining diagnostic and therapeutic equipment; ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiographic procedures as directed; chaperoning patients; and performing activities unique to specific surgical clinics.
SITE OF SERVICE:
- Travis AFB, Fairfield, California
- Degree: Certificate
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent with additional training or education; supplemented with one (1) year of related experience in an accredited healthcare hospital. Completion of an accredited surgical service and clinical course. Completion of an accredited basic orthopedic course. Completion of a surgical technologist program recognized and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certification: Possess current certification in one of the following:
- American Society of Orthopedic Professionals (ASOP)
- National Board for Certification of Orthopedic Technologists (NBCOT).
- Experience: minimum one (1) year related experience in an accredited health care hospital, within the last three (3) years as an Orthopedic Services Technician
- Licensure: Not required
- U.S. Citizenship: Individuals performing under this contract shall be U.S. citizens.
- Language Requirement: Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Hours: Monday – Friday. Eight (8) hours of duty
Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a background check. Must present a record of immunizations. Good communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to perform vigorous physical activity (bending, standing, walking, sitting, lifting etc.) for extended periods as required by the contract. Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross and obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification prior to contract start and maintain according to ACLS guidelines.